I found the coolest thing the other day when I was searching how to fix the exclamation marks on my iTunes for a few hundred songs.
In order to methodically go through each one of them you need to:
1) Create a Regular Playlist (named “no exclam”) in iTunes and then go to the top most Music folder.
2) Then click your cursor within music list and key in ctrl-a.
3) Take and drag the highlighted items to newly created playlist (Songs that have an exclamation will not show up in this list).
4) Then what you will need to do is create a Smart Playlist (named “All Exclamation”) and set the following options:
a) | Playlist | is not | no exclam |
b) Hit ok
5) Then you should have all exclamation ridden songs in this Smart Playlist.
Then I had to go through each one and set the path for the files, or find out what was wrong with the file.