Ok so I wanted to write and tell you all what I have been up to. I have been very busy after graduation from college.
- In the process of starting my own business for WordPress Extensions (Wpxtensions.com).
- My first project and one of my favorites is my server that is installed at my house (running PHP, MySQL, and Apache) it is more like a sandbox environment for testing applications and such.
- I was able to setup SVN (Subversion) on my Bluehost server so that I can have backups of all my data for each plugin that I have developed (WEBSVN Most links are disabled ***No Stealing).
- I have three monitors (one ripped off of an old Dell laptop with a $55 modded part to make it run VGA) and running a beast of a machine now. You can check the specs here.
I have added to new plugins that I have made and developed:
Flow Player Plugin For WordPress
Slider Plugin For WordPress
I made these two plugins for ease of use of my website and the more plugins, the better the website lol!!!!!!
HTML tags must be escaped!
If you do not properly escape the < , > and " characters, flash driven xml files will not work. Here is a handy utility you can use to convert your html code to escaped text that can be used in xml files.
courtesy of XML Flash Slideshow
When I first started doing my web page I thought that the majority of my posts should be generated by me..... But then after going through my spam comments I found a link to a site that gathers all RSS
feeds and generates content for you (unique content generator
- I feel that yes it is a pain to write and create fresh new content everyday.
- I know that this type of thing is great for SEO stuff, but I feel what happened to us?
- People aren't creative anymore?
I think that if you write at least once a week or every three days is definitely sufficient. I have subscribed to a lot of RSS feeds and some of them write sometimes three times a day. For someone that spends only time on the computer to write code and plugins and things of that nature, I felt overwhelmed to find that just after three days I have 650 messages in my inbox (WHOA!?!?!?!). Really crazy so needless to say I have since then either been deleting them and not reading them or getting rid of the feed all together. So in other words is this content generation thing all that necessary?
Ok SO I have had many inquries about when the next version of the mp3 player is going to come out.. So I am here to set a few things straight:
- My partner and I still have to figure out some menial details on the legal four-front
- There are still a few bugs/concerns that I have with the plugin until that is fixed I don't want to release garbage.
- I am incorporating some new players that will add some cool features to the plugin as well
- There has been numerous things happen in my personal life in the last couple of months that made it virtually impossible to get adequate time to work on the plugin.
- Hopefully by the end of February it will be finished and working to the fullest extent.
I thank you all for patiently awaiting the arrival of the new version you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!
Here are some pictures just to tide you over for awhile:
Some pictures are a bit goofy when you click so open in a new tab or window to see the full size.